Acne & Rosacea
FOR FASTER RESULTS - THE NUMBER ONE TREATMENT FOR ACNE - HIGH FREQUENCY OZONE TREATMENT
Express High Frequency Ozone treatment - $39 with recommendation 2 times per week for 4 weeks to treat problem area
High Frequency Ozone advanced treatment - $89 with advanced formulations using skin match
The High Frequency Ozone facial is a super effective skin care treatment that treats and prevent stubborn acne, shrink enlarged pores, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, decongest puffy eyes, fade dark eye circles, rejuvenate the condition of the scalp and nourish hair follicles for healthier hair growth.
Considered a timeless and essential skin rejuvenating treatment by those the skin care industry, high frequency has been shown to stimulate cell renewal and improve skin care product penetration and absorption by gently warming the tissues of the skin.
The safe, gentle and painless - the oscillating and oxygenating power of high frequency electrical current has been shown to enhance blood circulation, increase collagen and elastin production, eliminate toxins and acne-causing bacteria, encourage lymphatic drainage, exfoliate dead skin cells and improve skin care product absorption. The primary action of high frequency current is thermal (heat producing) and is characterised by a high rate of oscillation. Due to its rapid rate of oscillation, high frequency does not cause muscular contractions - instead, it works on the principle of skin toning.
MORE ABOUT ACNE
Acne & rosy cheeks called Rosacea, are both inflammatory, chronic skin conditions. We all know what acne generally looks like - Rosacea most often appears on the nose and cheeks, but can also appear on the chin, neck, chest, is characterised by an inflammatory redness, swelling, small and visible bumps and acne pustules. While most Western medical doctors and conservative dermatologists state that the cause of rosacea is unknown, more integrative practices such as functional medicine and clinical nutrition, holistic aesthetics have linked rosacea to specific triggers and internal dysfunction.
PREVENTION & SOLUTION
Here are our top general Functional Medicine recommendations that will greatly assist - lifestyle wise for Acne & Rosacea:
1. Much of the recent PHD research points to insulin resistance being on of the main causes of such skin problems- which means sugars, grains, high carbs should be eliminated from the diet until the condition has subsided. At the same time one needs to restore nutrient/mineral deficiencies that often are the cause of insulin resistance initially.
2 Reduce Dairy Products - dairy has an insulinogenic effect on the body - in other words even though it drops our blood pressure, dairy spikes our insulin production so it has the same effect as sugar.
3. Good Quality MultiNutrient - including doses of Vitamin A, especially B group pre-methylated, D, Zinc 15-30mg , Calcium, Magnesium Supplements , VitA Retinol pre-converted and minerals - we recommend Basic Detox Nutrients (see SkinBar staff)
4. Probiotics 30 billion plus and Bactrex and Parex remove unwanted strains (clinic prescription - ask our Spa Practitioner) - It is very important to maintain a healthy balance of healthy bacteria and flora in the gut in order to have healthy skin. If the pathogenic bacteria and yeast out number the healthy strains, the body’s entire immune system becomes compromised. Constant immune system activity not only weakens the body’s defenses but also increases inflammation and hinders the blood’s ability to deliver nutrients to the tissues and organs of the body—including the skin. This causes the blood vessels to dilate in the deeper layers of the skin as an attempt to increase circulation and provide nourishment to the cells. Taking a high quality probiotic supplement or adding raw fermented or cultured vegetables to one’s regular diet helps keep the balance of intestinal bacteria and yeasts in check.
5. Introduce healthy fats into your diet Omega 3/6 balance - A diet too high in refined vegetable oils (canola etc found in many processed foods - including crackers, fries, pestos, crisps etc) as well as trans fats from processed foods can also lead to chronic, systemic inflammation in the body, which may manifest on the skin as acne or rosacea. However, omega 3 essential fatty acids from high quality, wild-caught salmon, anchovies, sardines, farm-fresh eggs from pastured chickens—or plant foods such as walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, borage seeds, hemp seeds, or Brussels sprouts—are very anti-inflammatory and have many health benefits. Studies show that increased intake of omega 3 fatty acids reduces inflammation systemically, which will also benefit the often more stubborn condition of rosacea.
6. Betaine HCL & Pepsin (Thorne Research)- Hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach does several positive things. It assists protein digestion by activating pepsinogen to pepsin, it renders the stomach sterile against ingested pathogens, it inhibits undesirable overgrowth in the small intestine, and it encourages the flow of bile and pancreatic enzymes.* Hydrochloric acid also facilitates the absorption of a number of nutrients, including folate, vitamin B12, ascorbic acid, beta-carotene, iron, and some forms of calcium, magnesium, and zinc.* Numerous studies have shown hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach declines with advancing age. Overuse of antacids can also lead to low levels of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which can result in poor protein digestion.
7. Eat more Plant foods - Processed foods, as well as dairy, meat, gluten, and sugar, are very acid-forming in the body. This leads to inflammation and a whole sea of health and skin problems. Dark leafy greens, sea vegetables, fresh fruits, certain seed grains like millet and quinoa, raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar (ACV), lemons, and limes produce an alkaline reaction in the body which helps to reduce inflammation, aid in digestion and detoxification, and also make the body less habitable for pathogens. Adding ACV, or fresh lemon or lime juice to water in the morning is a great way to reduce acid that accumulates in the system overnight. Rosacea is a sign of extreme inflammation in the body, so adding more alkaline foods and reducing intake of acidic foods is a great way to calm inflamed tissue and prevent flare-ups.
8. Drink more Water - When the body is dehydrated, it cannot properly perform all of its functions—including the vital functions of immunity, digestion, and elimination.
9. Niacinamide spray or cream - for a topical solution is effective often in reducing symptoms.
10. Sleep & Stress Reduction need to be kept in check - helping body greatly to restore balance. The body oftren gets out of alignment - this can switch off body's ability to relax. Regular skeletal alignment treatments / in combination with regular massage are greatly effective in restoring balance to allow the body to relax and sleep and be free from the effects of stress - a Skeletal adjustment where the bones are in alignment allows the nervous system to function optimally - can have a dramatic effect on sleep. Prescription Melatonin which is highly beneficial for the body (infact considered by experts antiaging at approx 2mg daily before sleep) with no side effects can be simple effective resolving strategy..
Because we understand cause and effect of such conditions and how to resolve in most cases. We recommend a course of Power Facials to dramatically improve the condition. For this reason we think prices should be permanently affordable to allow real results and have set our prices to reflect this. Your Spa Practitioner will advise on the right range of specific products to apply that exactly match your skin condition and possible nutrients that will resolve the underlying cause.